Training Kanban System Design - KSD
Here you will learn more about Kanban and its core concepts and build your first Kanban board. Become capable of acting on Kanban!
This is a solid foundation training through which you can immediately introduce Kanban systems in your organisation or improve existing ones. You will recognise the importance and power of making work and workflow visible and you will learn the importance of work-in-progress (WIP) limits and pull mechanisms and how they help to improve the work process.
The target audience is managers and team members who want to start a Kanban initiative or get more out of their current working/kanban system. This is also the entry-level training for Scrum Masters or other agile roles.
- The Change and Service Delivery Principles and Practices
- Simulation of a Kanban system
- Why evolutionary change?
- Why Work-In-Progress (WIP) Limitation?
- Pull systems and their implications (versus push)
- What does flow mean and how can it be improved?
- Evidence-based improvements based on measurements
- What are service classes and what are they for?
- Work on/change culture with Kanban through continuous improvement (Kaizen) produce
- Roles and meetings (cadences) in Kanban
- What is Slack Time and why is it so important?
- STATICS: System Thinking Approach to implement Kanban
We work a lot with exercises and simulations and there is the possibility to bring in and discuss your own problems.
The KSD lasts two days and can be conducted both online and as on-site classroom training.
- A Certificate of Completion from Kanban University will be awarded for participation in the KSD.
- Participants who have completed the KSD and KSI training receive the Kanban Management Professional certificate.